Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preschool Apocalypse

Oh my GOD what a day.  I thought the last day before vacation would find me in an excellent mood and ready to get out the door and get home.  Instead it has been this mixed up day.  The staff member in the beginnings program class is out today because her son is sick.  A couple of my students went to the beach for the rest of this week so the director decided since "numbers will be down" they would put them with me.  No lets not let a teacher assistant be the teacher in there, lets give them to another teacher, throw off my entire schedule and give me a very mixed group.  I have two very young 2 year olds, one older 2, one young 3, five older 3's and one four year old.  Talking about a hard class.  You have the younger twos being freaked out by being in a different classroom.  One has only been at our facility for a few days, the other just moved out of the infant room.  You have them taking toys away from the three year olds and the three year olds hitting or pushing them and then the 4 year old terrorizing all the rest of them.  This should never have happened.  There is no excuse for this to happen unless we have several staff members out.  We have one teacher who only has 1 child today.  Why couldn't she take them?  I am just so ready for this day to already be over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment