Saturday, June 9, 2012

Unexpected Surprise

Since I have moved to VA I haven't had many friends.  Most of them have been from work.  Lastnight we stayed after work to help Kim (baby room lead teacher) rearrange the room.  The two people above me at work stayed.  I asked my hubby to come and help and Kim brought her husband.  Turns out that my husband went to High School with both Kim and her husband Jake.  After the boss left, the second in command, Jason, Kim, Jake and I went out the dinner at TGI Fridays.  It was about 10:30 when we went to eat.  Jason and I stayed talking to Jake and Kim until about 2:00 in the morning.  We went to bed about 3 am.  It was amazing and I could so see us being friends with them.  I am not very good at making and keeping friends so I have to admit that I don't know what the next step should be.  Is there some protocol?  I think I will just talk to Kim at work and let the guys work the rest of it out. 

This morning Toby had a groomer appointment at 9am.  We dragged ourselves out of bed and took him over, then went to cracker barrel to eat.  We go there every Saturday and we have gotten friendly with the GM.  He came over to talk to us and then when we were leaving he took our check and paid for it! After we picked Toby up at the groomers we came home and went back to bed.  We slept from about 11:20 to 2:30.  It has been a lazy day. 

This week I only work 4 days.  On Friday is the first day of my vacation.  We are going down to southern Virginia for a week of tent camping at Holliday Lake.  I always call it the wrong name "Lake Holliday" which is a housing development near where we live.  Anyway, we have never been to this camp ground.  Tomorrow we are going to load up early and head down to scope out the camp ground and see what the lake is like.  We are going to fish while we are there.  Right now it's 1 am so I better get in bed so I can get up in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment